Friday, January 29, 2010

Bridge Back over Troubled Water

Hey, you have to love those stimulus funds! Some of them are actually making it to our trails and for the first time in two decades I'm not throwing my hands up in despair when I hear of a new washout. Now, there's a good chance that the washed out trail may actually get repaired before I become a senior citizen. Hallelujah! Latest revelation is in the Columbia Gorge National Scenic Area. You can now go beyond the Triple Falls once more on the beautiful Oneonta Trail. The washed out bridge has been replaced! I plan on checking it out pretty soon as the Oneonta Creek, Rock of Ages and Franklin Ridge Trails will all be in my upcoming Day Hiking Columbia Gorge Book. Hope you plan on checking it out too!

(photo-Heather hikes behind Ponytail Falls on her way to the Oneonta Creek Trail)

No comments: