Thursday, May 14, 2009

Start spreading the News!

It was 11 years ago today that I got the terrible news that one of America's greatest performers and one of the greatest Italian-Americans ever passed away. Ironically I was in Sicily at the time-the land that Sinatra's father (and mia nona) hailed from. Flags in Sicily were flown half masted on May 14, 1998. Many Sicilians approached us and offered their condolences. There will never be another Frank Sinatra. But there will be a Frank Sinatra movie--and I haven't been this excited about an upcoming movie since I caught wind of Walk the Line. Cash and Sinatra are two of my all time favorite singers. Anyhow, fellow Italian-American (and another great) Martin Scorsese will be making the film! I can hardly wait! Come fly with me!

No comments: