Saturday, June 09, 2012

Revising and Updating



Trying to keep up with road closures and trail conditions can be downright daunting. And as much time (seems like always) as I am on the trail researching for my guidebooks, it can be a challenge keeping my books updated. I hike, map and research every trail I write about so you can trust my information when you hit the trail. But what happens when something changes after my book is published? We try to reprint each title every 12-18 months, so I can add those changes in. I also try to keep you informed on my blog, facebook site and website. But I also can use your help too. You see I am always out researching a new book which means my focus stays in one area for long periods of time. So if something is happening over on the Olympic Peninsula and I am spending the summer near Mount St Helens, I might miss that change. I try to keep up with all my sources to keep me informed, but many times in the field I am not getting that information. With that said, please don't hesitate to send me an email about anything you notice changed from the time of my books' printings. I just finished making revisions/corrections for the 3rd printing of Day Hiking North Cascades. I am currently researching two new books, Day Hiking San Juan and Gulf Island and Day Hiking Mount St Helens. I'll be working on a second edition on the Day Hiking Olympic Peninsula soon with all kinds of changes -including adding new hikes! Let me know if there is anything in particular you want to know more about. And please let me know if there have been any trail/road/land-use changes out there! Thanks and I look forward to hearing from--and thanks for all of your support!

No comments: