Monday, April 30, 2012

Write on!

I once again apologize for my lack of recent blog posting. Believe me, it is not because I have nothing to write about. Au contraire it is because I am doing too much writing elsewhere that I haven't been able to pen any musing lately here. So what am I up to?
  • Finishing up the research and writing for Day Hiking Eastern Washington. I co-authored this book with Rich Landers and you are going to love it. 125 hikes (plus bonus hikes) and interesting sidebars covering the Okanogan Highlands, Kettle River Range, Selkirks, Spokane, Palouse, Columbia Basin, Channeled Scablands, and Blue Mountains. The book should be released sometime in early 2013.
  • Researching my next book, Day Hiking San Juan and Gulf Islands. You will love this one too-150 hikes in the islands, Anacortes, Point Roberts and Victoria and the Sanaach Peninsula. Have currently researched San Juan, Lopez, and Galiano-off to Orcas and Saturna next. Book will be released in early 2014.
  • Planning Day Hiking Mount St Helen's! Yep-that's the next book in the line up!
  • Researching and writing Northwest on the Run features for Northwest Runner Magazine. Next in line-Vancouver, USA!
  • Researching for the next edition of Hiking in Snohomish County. New brochure will be bigger and better!
  • Writing a feature on the Columbia River Gorge for the newly revamped Northwest Travel Magazine.
  • Writing monthly hikes for Seattle Met's online site.
  • Writing NW Trails for Outdoors NW
  • Putting together an interview of Washington State Attorney General Rob McKenna for Northwest Runner for the start of a new feature on Northwest runners.
  • Writing a new series for VisitRainier.com on Mountain personalities
  • And check out my feature on Republic and NE Washington in the newly released Washington State Visitors' Guide
  • And check out my feature on Cape Horn in the newly released Gorge Guide
  • And of course, follow my travels and musings on Facebook
Okay-I need to get back to writing!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Yes, you have been busy! Good for you! Look forward to seeing your new books, and maybe someday I'll actually be able to make it to one of your talks.