Wednesday, April 27, 2011

How about a Set of Guidebooks for Five Dollars?
My 50 for 50 fundraising campaign is literally off and running! In celebration of my 50th birthday this year, I am challenging myself to compete in and complete the White River 50 Mile Trail Run on July 30th. That's a big challenge and I continue to train setting my sights on my next 50K race in two weeks- the hilly and rough and tumble Lost lake 50K. I have also challenged myself in trying to raise $10,000 for the Washington Trails Association. To date, I thorough your donations have raised over $800. I am hoping that more of you can donate to this great cause with all that money going back into our trails and public places. Any donation is good. And if you donate at least $5 this month (time is running out) you will be entered into a drawing to win a set of my day hiking books. That's right-for just a $5 donation, you may end up winning $76 in books. So, click on this link and make a donation-please! Any amount of $40 or more will also land you a one year membership in the Washington Trails Association. You'll receive a year's subscription to Washington Trails Magazine and become part of a 10,000-plus member strong community of hikers and trail users. Can I count on a donation from you? I'm running my culo off in the process!

No comments: