Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Chinese New Year!

This year is the year of the tiger. Last year was the year of Tiger Woods! It wasn't a good year for him. This year Tiger Mountain may shut down (doubtful) because there is no money in Olympia (Actually the money was just misappropriated) but you can assure yourself that there will probably be new fees to hike. Today is also Valentines Day and a Happy Valentines Day to all. Hiking and my wife are my two biggest loves. I took my wife hiking on our second date-it was to Surprise Lake in the Alpine Lakes Wilderness. Six weeks later I took her camping for the first time-it was to Curlew Lake State Park. Eight months after that we did our first major trip together-it was a 2 month backpack in South America. My wife was born in a year of the Tiger. I look forward to another great year of spending it with her on and off the trail! Hope this year is a good one for you and your loved one too!

(Photo- yeah, I know its not a tiger-its the best I can do-from Richmond BC)

No comments: