Monday, January 25, 2010

Great Conservation News from the Granite State!

Being the bi-coastal guy that I am, I now bring you some good conservation tidings from my home state thanks to the Society for the Protection of New Hampshire Forests. Here's a story from NH NPR on a great new trail in the Wapack Range. This area almost ended up sprouting 74 houses, but thanks to some some well-healed residents, hikers can now scoff their heels up a new trail. And here's a releases from the New Hampshire Land and Community Heritage Investment Program about grants to help preserve over 37,000 acres throughout the state. I can't wait to check these places out on my next trip back to the Granite State. My maple syrup is running low so I think a trip back "home' is in order!

(Photo-Heather begins a snow shoe trip through one of the protected properties thanks to SPNHF)

No comments: