Thursday, December 31, 2009

Reflections of a Year Gone By
Well, 2009 was certainly a less than stellar year in terms of our nation's economy and we ended it with yet another terrorist attack (albeit, thank God an unsuccessful attempt). Yes, this past year and decade were not quite the 1990s, were they? But, still on a personal level, it was a good year. I have my health, family and friends and plenty of blessings-life indeed is good. I hiked well over 1,000 miles this past year and ran and biked hundreds of miles as well. Explored some incredible corners of the state and as usual did a little exploring on the periphery too in British Columbia, Oregon, Idaho. And my beloved New England as well. 2010 should be a great year. I have two book that I'll finish working on leading me to yet more great areas and a couple of more projects that I'll be starting shortly leading me to yet even more great places. Yep-bring on 2010! Here's hoping that the New Year will be a great one for you too both on the trail and in all other areas of your life!

(photo- Giuseppe studies my Green Trails maps to help me plan for upcoming adventures)

No comments: