Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Hitting the Trail this Winter?
It's in the Cards!

Who says that you have to hang up your hiking boots when the rains and snows of November come blowing in? I'll give you 50 good reasons (hikes) to keep hiking-and I'll lay out those 50 reasons (hikes) for you in attractive handy-dandy laminated cards perfect for popping into your pack. Check out my new Winter Hikes of Western Washington card deck. Fifty mostly snow free hikes from the Columbia River to the British Columbia border. Hikes in the Cascade foothills close to Seattle-hikes on the Long Beach, Olympic, and Kitsap Peninsulas-hikes in the Columbia Gorge, Puget Lowlands and San Juan Islands. Plus-after you retreat from the colds days of winter, I offer great suggestions on where to warm-up afterwards. You're sure to enjoy this card deck with 25% of the highlighted hikes not found in the Day Hiking guidebook series-and these cards make for the perfect Christmas gift-heck, perfect anytime gift! Check 'em out and I'll see you on the trail this winter. In the meanwhile, I now return you to summer!

No comments: