How hot is it?
I saw a dog chasing a cat and they were both walking!
Giuseppe and Scruffy Gray are not happy kitties today as the thermometer pushes past 90. Giuseppe is a Maine Coon with a thick coat of fur-and Scruffers is an old rescued kitty who has had a tough life as it is. Hey what's with this heat they're thinking. I thought we were in the temperate Pacific Northwest. Definitely the hottest weather I've been in here in my 20 years of living in Washington. So its time for a little trip down memory lane to put a perspective on this-
- I grew up back east where most of the summer is hot and muggy!
- I worked outside as a surveyor in Vermont in the summer of 1988, a record year with nearly half of July's days recording over 90 degrees
- I spent two weeks in the Amazon back in that same year!
- I've hiked in France in July and in Sicily in June- chaud and caldo!
- I hiked in Ybycui National Park in Paraguay- mucho calor!
- Hiked in Nevada and Eastern Oregon in August!
- Bicycled across Kansas, Colorado, Utah and southern Idaho in May and June in temps up to 110.