Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Cat Napping
One of the best things about working at home is being able to take a nap. One of the best things about being self-employed is being able to take a nap without scorn from the boss. One of the best things about sharing a house with two cats is that they encourage you to take a nap! My big Maine Coon Giuseppe is a lovable feline but not much of a snuggler. Scruffy Gray, the cat that showed up at our deck on one of the coldest nights of the year is now a member of this family. He is a big time snuggler and will crawl up on you at any chance he gets. Matter of fact he is sleeping on my lap right now as I type this entry. Scruffy and I love to take our naps together-and its a good thing he is only 10 pounds-because he is usually plopped down right on my chest. Yesterday, Heather and I did an 18 mile training run (we have a marathon scheduled next month). I'm sure that today's nap will be a deep one! And for the Scruffer, he doesn't need to expend great amounts of calories and energy to enjoy one of life's simpler pleasures-the nap! I can hardly wait to take my first one in an alpine meadow this year. Sorry, Scruffer-the couch will have to do for you!
(photo-Craig and Scruffy Gray catch some Z's-photo by Heather)

No comments: