Thursday, April 30, 2009

World Hiker
coming to the airwaves soon! Yesterday I was on Steve Scher's Weekday program on KUOW 94.9 FM to talk about local hiking options and my new book Day Hiking Central Cascades. We ended up chatting a little about hiking in South Korea, France and Italy. Steve was intrigued to know more about hiking in Europe and I had so much fun on the program that I'll be coming back soon to do a segment on hiking in Europe. Now, I won't be talking about the Alps and the Cinque Terre- that and the pot bars of Amsterdam are Rick Steve's specialties. I'll be talking about hiking in the Apennines, Sicily, the Aeolian Islands, the English Lake District, Ireland, Slovenia, Bulgaria and the Pyrenees. Stay tuned here for when the program will air-I'll give you a head's up.
In the meantime-if you missed my talk yesterday- click here and advance the podcast 20 minutes-that's when the fun starts. And if you're interested in hiking in Europe visit Mountain Hiking Holidays-they're a great Northwest-based European (and World) hiking outfit that I have guided for. A bien tot!

(photo- trekking across the rooftop of Bulgaria-the Pirin Mountains)

No comments: