Monday, November 19, 2007


A Giant of a hiking season
Well the hiking season must be coming to an end. Yep, the snow is falling, the sun is barely showing its face and Turkey Day is just a few days a way. To tell you the truth, I welcome the reprieve from the trails. What?!? Yep, you heard me right. I hike over a 1,000 miles a year and now I need to record all of those miles into a manuscript. Currently I am working with Alan Bauer on my third (and the sixth in the series) Day Hiking Book by the Mountaineers. This volume, the Central Cascades has me tramping the trails along US 2, near Lake Wenatchee, Leavenworth, Lake Chelan, and the Entiat Valley. Nice country indeed. I'm about half researched on it with lots of writing yet to do. As I put word to screen I fondly recall another great hiking season. Here's looking forward to an even better one in 2008!
(Photo-Little Giant Pass, one of the supreme highlights of this year's hiking season)

No comments: