Friday, June 09, 2006

Tales from Saskatchewan
Return from the great north forest
To my regular readers, I apologize for not keeping up with my postings. As many of you know, I am currently working on a guidebook to the Olympic Peninsula and Southwest Washington. It has become an all encompassing project. Let this be a warning to any aspiring guide book writers out there. Sure we get to hike all the time and go all over the damn place. But, the hours at the computer and the little money made on these projects is the price we pay!
So, naturally I have other gigs so I won't end up foraging in the forest for my daily supply of minerals, vitamins, and calories. I frequently contribute recreational content to The Weather Network's Website. For those of you who don't travel to our great neighbors to the north, the Weather Network is Canada's Weather Channel.
I just got back from a 10 day trip to the province of Saskatchewan. What a trip! Lots of hiking, a little paddling and some running. I visited Prince Albert National Park, Batoche National Historic park, a handful of provincial parks and preserves, and I got to run in the Saskatchewan Half Marathon in Saskatoon. So naturally, expect stories to be emerging on all of those places. Keep posted here to where they may show up. In the meanwhile, I have lots of postings on the weathernetwork.com

No comments: