Thursday, July 19, 2012

Sponsor me and save a trail, get a map, win a book,
and help me protect a lake!

Greetings friends and loyal readers:

I have decided this year to participate in WTA's hike-a-thon in addition to the in-kind donation I give every year volunteering as one of the prizes to lead people on an all day fun hike. I'm hoping to raise $1,500 for WTA this year to help protect and enhance the trails that we love so much! To give you an added incentive to sponsor me (and to add a little more fun to this event), I will be giving away some of my books and thanks to the generosity of Green Trails Maps, I'll be giving away a few special series maps too!

Anyone who sponsors me at $25 or more will have their choice of a special series Green Trails Map (a $12 value).

Anyone who sponsors me at $40 or more gets a map and a membership in WTA (if you're not already a member).

Anyone who sponsors me at any level is eligible to make a little wager as to how many miles I will hike in August. Make a guess (send it to me at Craig@craigromano.com or on my facebook page "Craig Romano Guidebook author) and the person who comes closest to my August total without going over will win his or her choice of two of my guidebooks! How cool is that? I am researching two books and doing some mapping for Green trails to give you an idea of how much I'll be on the trail. Previous Augusts have averaged about 150 miles for me.

Finally, because I want to pay-it-forward; if you help me make my $1,500 goal I will personally donate $100 to the Skagit Land Trust’s Barney Lake campaign. WTA and Skagit Land Trust have partnered in the past on such great projects as Guemes and Vendovi Islands (both appearing in my new book, Day Hiking San Juan and Gulf Islands).

So, what are you waiting for?! Make a donation today!
Ready to get started? Just click "Sponsor Me" to make a donation.
 Thank you in advance for your generosity! And Giuseppe (one of two of my furry office assistants) says "Mille Grazie!"

(photo taken by Karen Sykes)

No comments: