Friday, May 06, 2011


Off to the Printers!


I hope you are anticipating as much as I am the release of my 8th book, Backpacking Washington. Of all the books that I have worked on over the years, this one was the most demanding. Requiring over 1,500 miles of hiking research statewide and taking me three summers and three falls to complete, it was not without its challenges (other than the 1,500 miles!). I had to deal with some weather issues-late snow packs and a very wet 2010-and on top of that I got caught in a forest fire in the summer of 2009 that had me wondering if I would finish the book at all! It was an adventure to say the least. The book should be available by the end of the month-and you can pre-order it now from Amazon for only $12.89. It includes 70 trips from the Olympic Coast to the Salmo-Priest Wilderness. I look forward to sharing tales of these trails with you at the numerous book talks that I have (and am still) lining up. The first one will be at the REI in Alderwood (Lynnwood, WA) on June 1st. Register early, as space is limited. And my publicist is working really hard right now so that we may even have a launch party or two in the works. Wouldn't that be fun? Looking forward to seeing you at one of my upcoming events and thanks for all of your support and encouragement over the years.

(photo-Me trekking across Devils Dome in the Pasayten Wilderness-photo by Ted Evans)

No comments: