Friday, April 16, 2010

Oregon Sunshine!

I was down in the Rogue River Valley of Oregon last week researching running articles for Northwest Runner magazine. I'll have features on Medford and Ashland coming your way shortly as well as a race report on the Pear Blossom 10 Mile Road race. The running is great in those communities and I had more than enough places to check out for running. I was able however to swap my running shoes for my hiking shoes for one afternoon to check out the Table Rocks Preserve. Do you want spring flowers? You've got them here! These preserves are amazing with their astonishing array of blossoming beauties including the found-nowhere-else-in-the-world dwarf woolley meadowfoam! The flowers are indeed a draw to checking this area out, but so are the forests-mostly chaparral-a transition zone between California and Oregon topography. If you are heading down to this area anytime soon, definitely set some time aside to do some wandering here.

No comments: