Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Supreme Courthouse Picks

I have an affinity for old buildings. Hey-I am a Native Englander, you know! Some of my favorite old and historic buildings in Washington are a handful of the county courthouses. And out on the eastern Washington plains and hills there are some real gems. So while President Obama is messing around with picking a Supreme Court Justice- I offer you a few of my supreme courthouse picks. My six favorite courthouses in Washington are:

Douglas County Courthouse in Waterville (pictured Here)
Columbia County Courthouse in Dayton
Garfield County Courthouse in Pomeroy
Pacific County Courthouse in South Bend
Grays Harbor County Courthouse in Montesano
Okanogan County Courthouse in Okanogan

These buildings are architectural, historic, and aesthetic gems. I never get tired of stopping by them and photographing and admiring them. What are some of your favorite courthouses-Washington and elsewhere?

No comments: