Monday, July 21, 2008








Grazie Dio Io Sono Italiano
...but if I wasn't, I wish I was French! Readers of this blog probably realize that I am among other things, a Francophile. I grew up in New Hampshire, the state with the largest percentage of people with French Roots. I lived in New Orleans for a couple of months. I led hiking tours in France for five years. Montreal is one of my absolute favorite cities in the world and where Heather and I celebrated our honeymoon.
I love fois gras (Je suis desole all you PETA types out there), Chablis, agneau, canard, and creme brulee. And I love French film and music; Metis, Afro-French, French-Caribbean, and especially, Cajun. Last night Heather and I went to see BeauSoliel for the first time. They played right here in Mount Vernon at the Lincoln Theatre. Ces't Magnifique!
Now my heart is two-steppin-and hopefully that'll help me meet all of these deadlines I'm now facing!
A bien tot mon ami.

(Photos-BeauSoleil the island in Ontario, and the band from Lousiana. I got to experience them both this year!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Craig.

When I finally got to New Orleans, I got a fleur-de-lis tattoo on my foot. And I love Beausoleil. And everything else French...

I stopped by because you declared yourself a francophile, and I thought you might like to know about www.francophilia.com, the only social network for francophiles.

We launched a year ago, and in 2009 we're going to add a marketplace where you can get your fill of French stuff. We're a tiny startup operating on a shoestring budget, and depending on francophile bloggers like you to help get the word out.

Hope you and your readers will stop by and join us! And please help spread the word!

Merci et à bientôt.

Pamela Poole (LaGoulue)
Founder