Sunday, September 10, 2006





Bon Voyage


It's off to the Pyrenees Again!


Well, on this 5th anniversary of September 11, 2001 I'm flying. Gulp. And to France no less. Now, don't get me wrong. I like France. Not too crazy about their government-they haven't had a good one since Napoleon- but the French people are wonderful (get out of Paris), the cuisine is fabulous,the wine is splendid and the hiking is superb. Every year my wife Heather and I lead American hikers for two weeks in the Pyrenees Mountains for Walking Softly Adventures. We spend a week in France and a week in Spain. Same mountain range-two different experiences-just like the Cascades. France is wet. Spain is dry. Anyhow, some of these trails I know better than some of my favorites in the Whites and the Cascades. The Pyrenees are great mountains. Not as developed as the Alps-not as crowded-lots of wildlife-incredible flowers and fantastic hiking. Perhaps someday you'll join us. A bien tot mon ami!

No comments: